How do we ensure a safe, transparent and pleasant rental experience?
Gearbooker thrives best with a community whose members can trust each other and know that the rental transactions are according to everyone's expectations. Gearbooker takes this very seriously and has therefore incorporated various visible and invisible safety tools on the site. This helps all users to better evaluate who they are dealing with. For example:
- An automatic insurance for all rented out items. Read more about Gearbooker insurance.
- A thorough check on who you are, which includes an assessment of the payment history and financial credibility, a (two-stage) verification of the telephone number and email address of the users and through specifically developed security algorithms, we significantly increase the security and reliability on the platform.
- A verification of your ID-certificate, mandatory for all renters before they can actually pay for a booking (and optional for owners). This verification is done in cooperation with the ‘Government Authority for Road Traffic (RDW), the Basic Administration Personal Data and Travel Documents Agency (BPR), the Basic Administration Personal Data and Travel Documents Agency (BPR) and the National Police Unit in the Netherlands (LENP).
- Reviews & Reputation badges. Owners and renters review each other after each booking. With these reviews, and with the help of other factors, each user builds up a visible reputation on their profile page and receives a new badge from time to time.
- An official rental agreement is drawn up by accredited legal experts in which the mutual expectations, rights and obligations between the owner and the renter are clearly recorded.
- A convenient chat system for all users where they can ask all questions to the owner prior to make a renting deal. If necessary, this can be monitored by Gearbooker employees.
- An SSL security certificate on our website and that of our payment partner. This will send all payments and other data over a secure HTTPS connection!
- A complaints feature that is available for both owners and renters in the event of calamities. If needed, the payout of a rental transaction can put on hold.
- A good support from Gearbooker. We do everything we can to make your renting (out) experience as comfortable as possible!
Want to read more? Take a look at the frequently asked questions.