So you want to dive into the world of 360 degree video, right? As you know, 360° video is a relatively new technology that allows viewers to feel like they are right in the middle of the action. It’s perfect for capturing sporting events, concerts, and other live shows. But how do you go about shooting 360 video? In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to shoot 360 video with an 360-degree camera such as an Insta360 or – famous for its actioncams – GoPro.
What is 360 video?
First things first: 360 video is a type of video that is recorded using an omnidirectional camera. This type of camera captures video from all angles at the same time. 360° video is becoming increasingly popular as it allows viewers to feel as if they are right in the middle of the action. It is especially popular for capturing sports or action and for gaming videos.
There are a few things to keep in mind when shooting 360 degree video. First, you need to make sure that your camera is properly positioned. Second, you need to ensure that your subjects are evenly lit. Third, you need to be aware of the background noise and movement as they can be distracting to viewers.
When editing 360 video, it is important to keep in mind the different viewing angles that people will be watching from. Make sure to edit your video so that it looks good from all angles!
Why shoot video in 360°?
There are many reasons to shoot video in 360. Viewers are getting an immersive experience that allows them to feel like they are right in the middle of the action.
360 video also provides a unique perspective that can be used to create interesting and creative shots. When shooting in 360, you have the ability to capture footage from all angles, which gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to editing your videos.
Another great reason to shoot in 360 is that it is becoming more and more popular with social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube. This means that there is a growing demand for 360 videos, so if you can produce high-quality content, you may be able to find success with this type of content.
The best cameras for shooting 360° video
If you’re looking to shoot some killer 360° video, you’re going to need a camera that can handle it. Here are our top picks for the best cameras for shooting 360 video.
1. Insta360 produces some of the most popular 360-cameras. For example, the Insta360 ONE X series (the original ONE X, the ONE X2 and the last OneX3) are today’s great options for shooting 360 video. They tend to be a bit more expensive than the GoPros, but are offering some features that the Fusion doesn’t have, like 5.7K video resolution and stabilization.
3. Another well known brand is Rico with their line of Theta cameras. They are quite comparable in price and quality with the ones offered by GoPro and Insta360.
4. The Rylo 5.8K is another great choice for shooting 360 video. It has a similar price tag to the ONE X but offers slightly less features.
5. The Nokia Ozo+ is a bit older camera and used to be a high-end option for those looking to shoot professional-grade 360° video. It offers 8K video resolution and advanced features like live streaming and spatial audio recording.
6. The Kodak PIXPRO SP360 4K is also bit more dated yet a more affordable option that still produces great quality video. It’s a good choice for those who want to experiment with 360 video without breaking the bank.
Rent a 360° Camera
Do you need 360 degree video content? Rent 360° cameras and more equipment on our platform
Tips for shooting great 360 video
360 video is an immersive way to experience media, and it’s perfect for capturing memorable moments or recording your favorite places. Here are a few tips to help you shoot great 360 video:
1. Shoot in landscape mode. This will give you the widest field of view and the best resolution.
2. Use a tripod or other stabilizing device. This will help keep your camera steady and prevent shake. Newer models are equipped with software-based image-stabilization which tend to produce pretty good results!
3. Shoot in well-lit areas. This will help ensure that your video is clear and bright, since most entry-level 360-cameras have smaller sensors which could produce grainy, noisy results in low-light conditions.
4. Give yourself time to learn the camera and all its features! Also, plan your shots before you start shooting. This will help you get the most out of your 360 video camera and avoid missed opportunities.
Editing 360 video
Insta360 cameras are becoming increasingly popular for shooting video, especially 360 video. 360 video gives viewers a more immersive experience, and it can be a great way to show off your skills or product.
There are a few things to keep in mind when shooting 360 video with an Insta360 camera. First, you’ll need to make sure that the camera is properly mounted. Most Insta360 cameras come with a special mount that you can use.
Finally, you’ll need to edit the video after you’ve shot it. This can be done with most video editing software. Just make sure that you export the video as a 360 video file so that viewers can watch it properly. Today’s 360 degree cameras such as those from Insta360 or GoPro come with pretty neat dedicated editing software or a mobile app that make editing your 360 footage a breeze!
Sharing your 360 video
360 video is becoming increasingly popular on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and Snapchat. It’s a way to capture all of the action in a single shot, instead of having to take dozens of photos and videos to create a traditional video.
Platforms such as Facebook and Youtube but also Google Maps support displaying 360 video or photo content where the viewer can navigate through the footage by rotating the captured image. This will help getting the distinctive immersive experience that 360 video content is so well known for.
Use a 360 camera for video conferencing
If you’re looking for a camera that can be used for both video calls, digital events and online presentations, 360 cameras have proved themselves worthwile as well! Take for example the Meeting Owl 360° camera from Owl Labs, this is the perfect option for video conferencing and for hosting an online event. This camera is designed to beep and vibrate when it detects movement, so you’ll never miss a beat in your meeting. The camera has a wide viewing angle and is easy to use. Plus, it comes with a built-in speaker and microphone so you can start recording right away.
Renting a 360 camera
If you want to shoot 360 video content, there are a few different ways to do it. You can rent a popular 360 camera brand, such as GoPro or Insta360 or Rico with their Theta cameras. Each brand has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to decide what will work best for your project. If you’re just starting out, renting a 360 camera might be the best option. You can always upgrade or downgrade later on if necessary.
If you purchase a 360 camera or you already possess one, you might consider to rent it out. Gearbooker is the perfect platform to rent out your equipment.
If you’re thinking of shooting 360 videos with your smartphone or camera, this guide will help you get started. By following the tips in this article, you’ll be able to produce high-quality 360 videos that can be enjoyed by viewers both on desktop and mobile devices. With so many people now exploring virtual reality and 360 video, it’s important to have all the tools necessary to create quality content. This guide will teach you how to use an Insta360 camera to shoot 360 videos that are sure to impress.