How to Get Started with Gearbooker on Zapier
Zapier lets you connect Gearbooker to 2,000+ other web services. You can set up 'Zaps' (automated connections) without any coding. These Zaps will automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the Trigger which causes one or more Actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically. For example: each invoice you receive from a booking on Gearbooker will automatically flow into your online accounting system without any manual action needed from your side. Or: have your bookings in Gearbooker automatically added as an event in your Google Calendar or Outlook calendar so you'll have a direct overview of when your bookings take place.
Getting Started with Zapier
- If you don't have a Zapier account yet, sign up for a free Zapier account.
- Then go to your API keys page to create a new API key. With this API key you can connect your Zapier account to your Gearbooker account. How that works is described below.
- In your Zapier account, click on 'Make a Zap' and search under 'When this happens' for the 'Gearbooker' app.
- Select this and choose 1 of the Trigger Events to kick off the Zap. Then click on 'Sign in to Gearbooker'.
- A new screen will open asking you for an API key. Here you enter the API key that you created in the previous step. Then click 'Continue'. You have now connected with your Gearbooker account.
- You can then perform an action with the previously selected Trigger. Under 'Do This' you choose an app with which you want to perform an action. For example, this could be 'Google Calendar' if you want a calendar event to be automatically created based on your Gearbooker bookings. You will likely be asked to log in to that app too.
- Then choose 1 of the 'Action Events' that you see available.
- After this you can link (or 'map') the data fields from the Trigger App (in this case Gearbooker) to the data fields in the Action App (in this example Google Calendar). For example, you ensure that the start and end date of a Gearbooker booking are mapped to the start and end date of the Google Calendar Event. You can also fill in some fields freely as you wish. Go through all fields that need to be mapped or filled.
- Then click on 'Continue' and then on 'Test & Continue'
- You can then activate the Zap by clicking 'Turn on Zap'.
To help you hit the ground running, here are some pre-made Zaps.
Some examples to use Gearbooker with Zapier